The aims and objectives of the Association are:
- To promote Public Health movement in the country and create a suitable atmosphere for healthful living, and thereby promote the growth and development of a healthier nation.
- To organize community efforts for early detection, prevention and control of preventable diseases.
- To promote formulation of health principles to be adopted in different public and private sphere according to the resources, aspirations, limitations and environment of the people and suitability to their culture.
- To provide technical guidance and coordination to different health and welfare agencies.
- To study the trend of Public Health Administration in the country and help in improvement and useful application of the principles of public health.
- To safeguard and promote the interest and prestige of Public Health workers.
- To promote ethical standard and corporate spirit among professional people.
- To endeavor, raise and improve the standard of under-graduate and post-graduate teaching in the subject of preventive and social medicine with its newer and broader concept.
- To stimulate and cooperate with those official efforts of the government which are in line with the aims and objectives of the Association.
- To establish relationship with other National or International Health Agencies and Associations and for that matter to assist, subscribe to or cooperate or be affiliate or affiliated to any other organization, whether incorporated or registered, having aims and objectives partly or wholly similar to those of the Association.
- To raise funds for developing programs of the Association.
- To do all such other lawful acts and things as may be incidental and conducive to the attainment of above aims and objectives.
Constitution of Public Health Association of Bangladesh
A constitution (Amended up to February 26, 2000) is available here.